Our complaints process

We want to offer our customers the very best service possible; a complaint regarding any aspect of our services is taken seriously which is why we have set out our process for handling complaints.


This page also details the names of other organisations that may be able to assist you, including the Energy Supply Ombudsman. The Ombudsman operates an independent Redress Scheme (which we are a member of) that is applicable to complaints involving domestic and micro-business customers. This service is free of charge, and you will not be bound by any decision they make; the supplier will be bound by their decision.


How to make a complaint


A complaint can be made verbally by calling our Customer Services team on 0800 0568 101.

You can also make an appointment at DONG Energy's offices at:


DONG Energy Sales (UK) Ltd
5 Howick Place
London SW1P 1WG


Alternatively, you can email us at  DONG Energy complaints


Following the process, this could result in:


a) an apology
b) an explanation
c) the taking of appropriate remedial action by DONG Energy
d) the award of compensation in appropriate circumstances


When you make your complaint


On receipt, we will acknowledge and register your complaint immediately, clarifying any details where necessary. At this point, you will also be asked for a preferred method of future communication and likely dates when it will not be possible to contact you.


How quickly will we try to resolve your complaint?


We aim to deal with your problem as fairly and quickly as possible. However, if it has not been possible to resolve your complaint by the end of the working day following it having been registered:


a) you will be contacted at that point to let you know that we will attempt to do so within five working days (if you have indicated that you will not be contactable during this period, we will arrange to contact you on an alternative date of your choosing);
b) at the very least, we will provide you with an initial response within this additional five working day period; and
c) we will then aim to get back to you with a more detailed response within a further 20 working days.


Escalating your complaint


If, after twenty six working days of registering your complaint, it has not been resolved to your satisfaction or if you are unhappy with the way in which we have dealt with it, you have the option of asking to have it escalated to a Manager for review or further consideration.


In that event, the Manager will contact you within three working days of such a request to set out how they will attempt to address your complaint. You will be kept informed of progress at least every ten working days.


If, after an eight-week period from registering your complaint we have been unable to reach agreement with you, we will send you a "final offer" letter (known as "deadlock").


What happens if I am still not happy?


On receipt of a 'final offer' letter, a micro-business* complainant can refer the matter to the Complaints Redress Scheme operated by the independent Energy Ombudsman. You will neither have to pay for the Ombudsman's services nor be bound by its subsequent decision. Contact details for the Ombudsman are:


Energy Ombudsman
PO Box 966

Phone: 0330 440 1624

Website: www.ombudsman-services.org/

* A micro-business means a Non-Domestic Customer:

•which is a 'relevant consumer' (in respect of premises other than domestic premises) for the purpose in article 2(1) of The Gas and Electricity Regulated Providers (Redress Scheme) Order 2008 (SI 2008/2268); or
•which has an annual consumption of gas of not more than 293,000 kWh; or
•which has an annual consumption of electricity of not more than 100,000 kWh

If you are not a micro business* and the option of referring your complaint the to Energy Ombudsman is not available you will have the option of asking for your complaint to be escalated further to a Senior Manager within DONG Energy Sales for further consideration.


Other relevant organisations you may wish to contact for advice


Depending upon the nature of your complaint, there are other organisations that may be able to help you. These include:


Citizens Advice

3rd Floor North
200 Aldersgate Street London EC1A 4HD

For England call: 03444 111 444
If you live in Wales call: 03444 772 020

Check your local bureau's contact details

Citizens Advice Scotland

3rd Floor North
200 Aldersgate Street
London EC1A 4HD
Call them on:
0800 800 9060

You can also check your local bureau's contact details via their search tool
Consumer Council for Northern Ireland

The Consumer Council
116 Holywood Road
Belfast BT4 1NY

Call them on: 02890 672 488

Go check out their website