DONG Energy UK has recently become aware of activities where our name and logos are being used in employment scams. These scams can appear professional, so it is important that any prospective applicant researches the legitimacy of recruiting communications to stop fraudsters and avoid falling victim.
Examples of such scams include:
Questionnaire based employment interviews
Questionnaire based decisions to hire
Requiring payment (or pre-payment) for visa applications or processing services
Employment offers over social media, such as Facebook
Although counterfeit recruiting communications can be difficult to detect, there are some common indicators to help spot the frauds. DONG Energy will never ask for fees or upfront payments during the recruitment process or as part of an offer of employment, nor will we ask new hires to pay any fees associated with their employment, including visa applications.
Other common indicators:
- Unsolicited communications,
- Non-DONG Energy email addresses (e.g.: yahoo or gmail.com)
- Offer of employment without physical interviews
- Request for payment to apply for a job
- Request for financial account details
- Request for personally identifying information (Social Security Number, Social Insurance Number, National Insurance Number, passport information, passwords, etc.)
- Request for payments to be sent to a third-party
- Request for payment for professional or business opportunities.
If you have any questions regarding the authenticity of any communication purportedly by or on behalf of DONG Energy, please contact us: